Information we collect and how we collect it
LegalEase may collect the following data:
- LegalEase may collect information from individuals directly or automatically through the use of our website. The information may include but is not limited to: identity and contact data which includes name, address, telephone number, etc.
- bank account and other data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information.
- business information including information provided in the course of the contractual or client relationship between you or your organization and LegalEase, or otherwise voluntarily provided by you or your organization;
- passwords to LegalEase website or platforms, IP address, information collected during your visit to our website(s).
Third Party Sharing
LegalEase may share your personal information with:
- its accountants, auditors, lawyers, or similar advisers for professional advice.
- any other third party if under duty to disclose or if legally obliged to share your personal information.
Information for California Residents
Residents of California may have certain data protection rights regarding personal information under California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018), which is in effect from January 1, 2020. This applies to the personal information we collect, both online and offline, about California consumers, including personal information that LegalEase collects from users and services available through the LegalEase website. This does not apply to the personal information that is exempted under CCPA (Section 1798.145), personal information that LegalEase may collect about the employees, contractors, or applicants, or other individuals who are not a resident of California. LegalEase shall collect, receive, or maintain the following personal information categories during the administration of the business or received from a client in the course of providing legal services: commercial information, professional or employment related information (public or non-public), internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, audio, electronic, visual, olfactory, or similar information, inferences from personal information collected.
Know your rights
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), such as:
- Access to your information
- Rectifying your information
- Erasing your information
- Restriction of Processing
- Object to Processing
If you are under sixteen (16) years of age, then please do not use or access the LegalEase website at any time or in any manner. For the protection of children LegalEase does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information of persons under the age of 16 years. LegalEase agrees to take appropriate steps to delete any information of persons under 16, if collected on or through the LegalEase website or services. We would request the parent or legal guardian of a child under 16 years of age who has entered into the LegalEase website or services, then please contact the LegalEase DPO (defined below) at email@example.com to terminate the account with immediate effect.
This policy will be reviewed and updated by the Data Protection Officer of LegalEase ("DPO") regularly. You can see the last modified date on the top of this policy. The DPO of LegalEase can be reached by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Any complaints or suggestions regarding the data protection or privacy protection can be communicated to the email ID of DPO.
We may also use personal information in a manner that does not identify you specifically nor allow you to be contacted but does identify certain criteria about our users in general. For example, we may inform third parties about the number of registered users, number of unique visitors, and the pages most frequently browsed.
We strive to make certain that our servers and connections incorporate the latest encryption and security devices. To prevent unauthorized access, we have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Credit card and personal information are transmitted to us by secure servers. Documents are delivered either via our secure portal, priority mail or upon a client’s request, via e-mail.
If at any time you wish to delete all of your personally identifiable information from our site, you may contact us at email@example.com
IF FOR ANY REASON YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN BREACHED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SITE, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.