We all have those days when we feel extra stressed at work. It’s easy to reach out for that candy bar that is likely to cheer you up but there are several other healthy eating options to de-stress. Lawyers are some of the busiest folks in town and constantly end up relying on instant food to save time. But, being a top attorney and being stressed out don’t have to go hand in hand.
We put together a short list of go-to foods for when you are feeling wound up. Include these in your diet and you will be a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom!
1. Nothing like a warm cup of tea: Tea trumps chocolate as a stress-buster. Try relaxing flavors like chamomile or peppermint, or even good old green tea and feel calm and comforted. Tea doesn’t have any components that reduce stress, yet it works as a huge cure for it. Talk about magic in a cup!
2. Oranges: This Vitamin C-laden fruit is known to spike serotonin levels and make you feel chipper and confident in a jiffy. Eat one before a task that you are dreading and you will be surprised at how smoothly you handle it.
3. Be nuts about…: Just a handful of nuts like almonds, pistachios and walnuts can pump you with much-needed Vitamin B and reduce stress. But remember, they are also filled with calories so keep track of how many you eat.
4. Go bananas!: Bananas release dopamine, which is a natural mood booster. They also contain Vitamin B which can calm your nerves.
5. Avocados and fatty fish: Avocados make delicious guacamole but they also contain omega-3 fatty acids which not only fight stress, but also improve concentration. The same goes for fatty fish.
6. Sometimes, it’s ok to eat chocolate: Indulge in chocolate, but ONLY dark chocolate. The antioxidants in dark chocolate immediately lower stress hormones, but be careful not to eat too much of it!
Who knew beating stress could be so much fun!