If only non-lawyers knew how many problems we have, maybe they’d stop plaguing us with those “can you give me a quick answer as to why I can’t run around on the streets naked?” questions. (Sir, I’m sorry but a quick answer it will be anything but.)
- When non-lawyers ask for free legal advice (which is almost every darn time).
- That feeling when both you and your partner walk away from winning a case.
- Representing that client who shows up to court in electric yellow pants…
- They said being a lawyer would feel like this…
- But it’s actually like this.
- That awkward moment when your associates are arguing over the coffeemaker… again.
- Every. Client. Ever.
- Messing up billable hour entries can ruin your life.
- Trying to understand a weird case brief.
- Finding out you need to file over 1,000 pages of anything in 4 days.
- Pretending to be surprised when opposing counsel presents “new evidence”.
Aaaaaaand…. a BONUS thing that only lawyers can understand!
The euphoria you experience when your motion gets passed because it was that awesome.
Being a lawyer. It makes you cry, it makes you mad, it makes you go places you never knew existed. We wouldn’t give it up for the world, though.